GULBAHARHATUN MOSQUE AND MAUSOLEUMIn the memory of Gülbahar Hatun, mother of Sultan Selim the Grim, it was constructed within a külliye near the Zağnos Bridge on the west of Orta Hisar. Only a mosque and a tomb survived to the present, all other structures within the complex such as soup kitchen, medrese, public bath and school were all ruined. Historic records reveal that the complex was put up in 1514 aﬅer the death of Gülbahar Hatun.
The mosque has no construction inscription and falls into the category of the Zaviyeli Mosques (built with a T shaped plan) of the early Ottoman Period. Its walls are of high quality workmanship. Windows, last public hall, arches and the minaret of the mosque were tiled with dark grey and yellowish white bricks.
Prayer niche is built of marble. Its borders are simple whereas the top is decorated with plant motifs. The pentagonal niche ends with a vault designed in stalactite work. On each corner are two rosette motifs. Pulpit of the mosque is also simple which is built of marble.
Classical Period ornamentations of the mosque were ruined in time, and the mosque was restored to its present appearance.
The Tomb is located to the east of Büyük İmaret (Hatuniye) Mosque. Built for Gülbahar Hatun, mother of Sultan Selim the Grim in 1506, the tomb was built of yellowish cut stones and displays superior quality of stonework. For decorative purpose, grey coloured stones were used on the arches of windows. The tomb has an octagonal shaped plan, and an octagonal tambour. Its dome was again eight cornered, and covered by lead.