DURSUN ALİ İNAN MUSEUM
Dursun Ali İnan Museum, which aims to transfer the history, culture, life, handicrafts and nature of Uzungöl to the present generations, is established on an area of approximately 4,000 square meters. Built under the roof of the traditional wooden Uzungol House, which was built based on local architecture, the museum includes local and archaeological works that Dursun Ali İnan added to his collection, as well as various figures he made from tree roots he found in nature.
SUMELA MONASTERY
Sumela Monastery, within the borders of Altındere Village of Maçka District, was built on steep rock cliffs at the skirts of Karadağ Mountain which overlooks the Altındere Valley.
THE MUSEUM OF TRABZON
The mansion which today serves as the Museum of Trabzon was constructed by the money broker Kostaki Teophylaktos around 1898-1918 in the early 1900s. The architect of the mansion is supposed to have been an Italian, however his name is not clarified. The structure reveals that most of the materials used in the construction of this mansion were imported from Italy. In 1917, Kostaki Teophylaktos went bankrupt, and all his property including this mansion was confiscated.
CEVDET SUNAY MUSEUM HOUSE
It is located in Ataköy on the Çaykara. Sultan Murat Plateau road is at a distance of 21 km from Çaykara district. Cevdet Sunay was one of the statesmen grown up in Trabzon.
A PAVILION WHERE ATATURK GAVE AWAY HIS ASSETS TO THE NATION
Constructed as a summer residence by Konstantin Kabayanidis in the early 19th century, the pavilion lies on the ridge of Soğuksu which overlooks Trabzon. The building reflects the influence of European and West Renaissance Architecture, and large and splendid European symbols were used for decorative purposes. Stonework was used on the exterior side and interior part is made of bricks; however, stairs are wooden, and have ban isters.
THE MUSEUM OF TRABZONSPOR FC
Being one of the historical works of Trabzon, Trabzonspor Museum is on the second floor of Sadri Şener Social Facility Building.
THE MYSTERY OF DETAILS: HAGIA SOPHIA
Trabzon Ayasofya Church which serves as a museum today was constructed in the time of Manuel Comnenos I (1238-1263), one of the kings of Trabzon Empire. The bell tower to the west of the church was dated back to 1427 by the British traveller and researcher G. Finlay. On the west of the church are the remains of a chapel with three apses which is supposed to have belonged to an earlier period.
Explore Trabzon © 2021