ORTAHİSAR MOSQUE
The structure, which is formerly called as the Golden headed Virgin Mary Church, is assumed to have been built with a basilica plan within a monastery. Its construction date goes back to the year 914. However, present plan of the structure dates back to the 12th century. Historic records reveal that the structure has experienced six major restoration periods. The structure with three naves has one apse that is round on the inside and polygonal on the outside.
A PAVILION WHERE ATATURK GAVE AWAY HIS ASSETS TO THE NATION
Constructed as a summer residence by Konstantin Kabayanidis in the early 19th century, the pavilion lies on the ridge of Soğuksu which overlooks Trabzon.
ABOUT BEŞİKDÜZÜ
According to old documents, Besikduzu was founded with the command of Mahmut II, in 1834 and in 30 November 1948, the municipality was formed and started operating. Besikduzu became a county on 4 July 1987. The county is 45 kilometers west of Trabzon. It has Vakfıkebir on the east, Eynesil on the west, Salpazari and Tonya on the south and the Black Sea on the north. The important streams of our county, which is seafront are Ağasar and Kurbağalıdere, are located in Beşikdüzü.
THE SYMBOL OF CLEANLINESS CULTURE IN TRABZON: PASHA BATH
It was built in the south of Carsi Mosque in the form of a double Turkish bath. Its name is mentioned among the foundations of Iskender Pasha. It is thought to be built between the years 1521-1533.
AHİ EVREN DEDE MOSQUE AND MAUSOLEUM
The construction date of Ahi Evren Dede Mosque, which is located in Boztepe Neighbourhood overlooking Trabzon, is not known. On the other hand, according to historic records a dervish lodge was built on the site of today’s mosque and tomb by Ahi Evren during the rule of Sultan Orhan, but there is not certain information about this lodge complex. Later Ahi Evren Dede Mosque was built on this site. It survived to the present since it was repaired by the efforts of Hacı Hakkı Baba.
YOROZ LIGHTHOUSE
Fener Village (Yoroz), is a district of Carsibasi. The name Yoroz came from the Yeros Lighthouse which was built by the French.
ZAĞNOS PASHA BRIDGE
Zağnospaşa Bridge links the Zindan Gate with the İmaret Gate. It has two arches, one on top of the other. Roman and Byzantine work manship is observed on piers of the bridge. Historic records mention about the existence of a wooden drawbridge on the site of this bridge. Researchers reveal that the bridge consists of 4 construction layers. It was also repaired again aſter the repair of Zağnos Pasha in the 15th century.
Other Topics
İPEKYOLU MUSEUM
HIDIRNEBİ PLATEAU
ABOUT ÇAYKARA
THE HILL OFFERING THE CITY IN ITS HANDS: BOZTEPE
ALACAHAN
ABOUT ŞALPAZARI
ABOUT OF
THE PLACE WHERE PHILOSOPHY LIVES: FAROZ FISHING PORT
GULBAHARHATUN MOSQUE AND MAUSOLEUM
ABOUT AKÇAABAT
THE VALLEY THAT CARRIES ON THE NAME OF ZAGNOS PASHA
YAVUZ SULTAN SELIM
NEMLİZADE MANSION
ABOUT HAYRAT
A BREATH OF LIFE WITHIN THE SPRUCE FORESTS: KAYABASI PLATEAU
THE MUSEUM OF TRABZONSPOR FC
ABOUT SÜRMENE
THE LIVING CORE OF TRABZON: ORTAHISAR NEIGHBORHOOD
ERDOĞDU BEY MOSQUE
YENİCUMA MOSQUE
ABOUT ARAKLI
ABOUT KÖPRÜBAŞI
KADIRALAK PLATEAU
CEVDET SUNAY MUSEUM HOUSE
THE MYSTERY OF DETAILS: HAGIA SOPHIA
ZAĞNOS BASTION
ABOUT YOMRA
KUŞTUL MONASTERY
Besikduzu Lift Project
ÇARŞI MOSQUE
HAPSİYAŞ BRIDGE
THE PLATEAU OF MARTYRS: SULTAN MURAD
A LONG AND GREEN LAKE IN THE BLACK SEA’S ALPES: UZUNGOL
THE ARSENAL
Show More
Explore Trabzon © 2018. | . | . | . | .